This is Pete Ashton’s website
I’m an artist, working with cameras and data, based in Birmingham in the North West of Europe.
Tel: +44 (0)7776 690 106
I’m a self-employed freelance artist practitioner. If you would like to hire me on that basis (or on some other basis - I’m not too fussy) here is my CV.
My art portfolio site has my main works with documentation.
Blog & Newsletter
I’ve been blogging on and off since 2000 and currently maintain a chronological web-based journal of my life and interests at blog.peteashton.com.
I send a “what Pete’s up to” email out every so often. Subscribe here.
A list of all the events I’m running, am involved with or want you to know I’m attending.
Workshops and Talks
I run workshops on photography and technology which you can commission me to run.
I do a fair amount of public speaking. Here’s a few talks I actually remembered to record.
I’m involved in various things, often with other people.
- Photo School - Teaching photography and running photo walks in Birmingham.
- Birmingham Camera Obscura - Exploring and building camera obscuras with Jenny Duffin.
- Loaf - I work part-time at Stirchley’s finest bakery and cookery school and have gotten involved with the Stirchley Co-operative Development project.
- Cross City Walks - A walking project bisecting cities in straight lines with Andy Howlett.
- Bunminster Fuller & co - Fiona and I keep rabbits and document everything we know on this website.
I have content on / give data to the following commercial online services, though my use fluctuates. It’s always best to email me than DM or similar.
I’m registered on WhatsApp and Signal with my mobile phone number, should that be more efficient for you.