I'm an artist, writer and ponderer, working in Stirchley, a suburb of Birmingham in the North West of Eurasia.
Tel: +44 (0)7775 690 106
Do not private message me on some corporate service. I proabably won't see it.
Visit the Writing page for an overview of my words.
I've been blogging on and off since 2000. I intend to focus more on my writing over the next year and this site will evolve to reflect that.
I'm self-taught at writing and that, but have a bit of a blind-spot for typos (possibly undiagnosed mild dyslexia, or similar) so expect the odd clunker here and there.
My art portfolio site has my artworks with documentation.
I'm a self-employed freelance artist practitioner. If you would like to hire me on that basis (or on some other basis – I'm not too fussy) here is my CV.
I send a "what Pete's up to" email out every so often. It's probably the best way to follow my work. Subscribe here.
I'm always involved in various things, often with other people, which have their own websites.
- Walkspace – an art-walking collective.
- Loaf – I work at Stirchley's finest workers co-op bakery and am working on the Stirchley Co-operative Development project.
- Photo School – I teach photography and run photo walks in Birmingham. (On hold during the pandemic.)
- The Bunminster Pack – Fiona and I keep rabbits and document everything we know on this website.
- Birmingham Camera Obscura – Exploring and building camera obscuras. (On hiatus.)
I'm an experienced photographer and photography teacher. I'm figuring out how best to showcase my photography on this site but for now the good stuff gets dumped on Flickr.
I have content on / give data to the following commercial online services, though my use fluctuates. It's always best to email me than DM or similar.
- Twitter (links to blog posts / newsletters only)
- Instapaper (links to things of note that I might write about here)
- Vimeo (videos I make)
- Pinboard (booksmarks for research)
- Flickr (photos)
I have a secret Facebook account for those parts of life that require it. Please ignore it if you stumble upon it.
I'm registered on WhatsApp with my mobile phone number, should that be more efficient for you.
- Owning a trampoline
- Oikos and Co-operatives
- Maybe inmates should take over asylums?
- Elinor Ostrom and the miracle of the commons
- New art! Plus much pondering about art!
- A new Curtis lands
- Notes for Dec 18th
- Notes for Dec 5th
- Notes for Dec 3rd
- Exeunt Corbyn
- The Sunday Pete
- Arts & Ents – a links special
- Links for Thursday 1st October
- Thoughts on The Social Dilemma
- Heritage Socialism – a working definition
- Links for Saturday 26th September
- Links for Friday 18th September
- Dome Up
- Economics and Epidemiology
- Links for Tuesday 15th September